Our Vision is “To Know Christ and to Make Him Known” by:
- Glorifying God as a Family of Faith
- Growing as Disciples
- Experiencing Joyful Worship
- Serving Others
- Sharing Our Faith
Basic Beliefs of Kingsport Community Church
The church has no formulated creed and prefers to let the word of God speak for itself in context and in its entirety. We realize that not all Christians come to the same conclusions on Theological issues. In an effort to avoid “majoring in minors” we take counsel from the words attributed to Augustine: “In Essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, love.”
Among the major beliefs we hold are:
- Divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures as the Word of God.
- One God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The deity of Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension back to heaven, and His future return in power and glory to receive unto Himself the Church and to judge the world.
- The reality of the spiritual realm of evil, ruled by Satan, identified in the Bible as the prince of evil and the father of sin and falsehood, who works against God and seeks to deceive both believers and non-believers.
- Salvation received by faith upon repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Sanctification wherein we present ourselves as a living sacrifice and acceptable to God.
- The bestowal of Spiritual Gifts upon every believer that they be equipped to do the work of ministry.